This is an exciting and nervous week for us. Tonight we made our video that tells Vitalik that we are adopting him. Our friends from Russia translated as we spoke in the video. I wrote him a letter for him to read once he sees the video. Since he will likely only see the video only once, I wanted him to have a letter that he can read over and over again. He will most likely and prayerfully get to see the video and letter on Saturday. As nervous as we were about making the video, I was more anxious after receiving an e-mail from our adoption coordinator this morning. The e-mail said that Vitalik was visited by an Italian family earlier this week; they gave him a gift and asked him if he would like to be part of their family. He told them no. I was shocked! I was totally amazed by his response. At this time he is not aware of the fact that we are adopting him. He is only aware that we are writing to him every week, sending him pictures, and have sent him gifts but he does not know that we are adopting him. Despite that, he is holding onto hope that we are planning on adopting him. What an amazing leap of faith that must have been for him! If I was a 10 year old kid, sitting in an orphanage, and a family came and asked to adopt me, I am not sure that I would have said no. This is completely a God orchestrated event. God in His awesome power, by the presence of the Holy Spirit settled Vitalik’s heart and placed a hope above hope that this American family that is taking such a large interest in him, will eventually come and bring him home.
Please pray with us that he isn’t tormented with the thought that he made a bad decision. Pray that the video and letter get to him on Saturday. That he receives and understands it well. That he has hope and peace knowing that God is in control and that he is loved and wanted. Thank you for standing with us in prayer and support.